LivingWorks Start is an online, skills-based suicide prevention training program that anyone can learn in as little as one hour.
Accessible from any computer or mobile device, the program features realistic audiovisuals and powerful e-learning technology. It also offers customizable elements based on users’ profiles and needs, and provides quick access to support and safety resources. Trainees learn life-saving skills to keep their family members, friends, co-workers, and others safe from suicide.
Learning Goals and Objectives
By taking LivingWorks Start, participants learn:
- Ways to become more comfortable talking about suicide
- How to recognize when someone is experiencing thoughts of suicide
- How to effectively connect someone to further intervention help
- How to be aware of local resources and use them as helping connections
- How to build and retain their skills through practice