Could It Be FASD?
While fetal alcohol spectrum disorders are surprisingly common in children in care, they can often be difficult to diagnose, as the signs and symptoms are associated with a number of other conditions.
This class explores fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, how to identify them, and how parents can support children who were prenatally exposed to alcohol.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD)
- understand how prenatal exposure to alcohol can affect a developing brain
- list common learning and behavioral issues associated with FASD
- identify potential signs of FASD
- understand the relationship between trauma and FASD
- know how to support children with FASD
Upcoming Events: Could It Be FASD?
No upcoming course events at this time.